Manor Health Centre

Liscard Village, Liscard, Wirral, CH45 4JG

Telephone: 0151 638 8221

Sorry, we're currently closed. Please call NHS 111

Complaints and Feedback

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem or
  • Within 6 months of the date of discovering that you have a problem, providing that it is within 12 months of the incident.

To make a complaint – please contact the Practice Manager. Your complaint can be received verbally or in writing.

Complaint Form


What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date you raised it with us. We will then be in a position to offer an explanation or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your complaint, we aim to

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of signing this.

Getting help to make your complaint

Patient Advisory Liaison Service (PALS)

You get help to make your complaint by contacting the Patient Advisory Liaison Service at WIRED.

The PALS team provides a confidential service, helping you sort out any concerns you may have about the care you are receiving, and guiding you through the different services available from the NHS.

You can speak to the PALS officers by phone or in person (by prior arrangement). You can contact the team direct on 0800 054 2137 or 0151 363 3948, email them at

Further information can be found at

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) can also provide advice and support to people who want to complain about the NHS.  Visit

or contact them on Tel: 0300 456 8350

or email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When to raise a formal complaint

If you have tried to resolve your complaint at local level and this has failed, you can register an official complaint to Cheshire and Mersey Integrated Care Board (ICB) via the complaints manage. You have several options for doing this:

  • Telephone: 0800 132 996
  • Writing to us at:  Patient Experience Team, No 1 Lakeside, 920 Centre Park Square, Warrington, WA11QY.

What you need to provide

Provide as much information as possible to allow NHS England to investigate your complaint. Include some or all of the following:

  • your name and a valid email or home address for reply;
  • a clear description of your complaint;
  • copies of earlier associated correspondence between yourself and NHS England; and
  • any valid correspondence case reference numbers.

NHS England aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days. If we are unable to reply within this time, we will let you know and provide a realistic estimate of when you can expect a reply.

Complaining to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not happy with the Practice and/or Cheshire & Mersey ICB’s response to your complaint, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The complaint must be referred to the Ombudsman within 12 months of the final correspondence from the Practice.

The Ombudsman can be contacted on:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Care Quality Commission

If you have concerns about your Health or Social Care Services and do not think that the standards of quality and service are being met you can contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on:

Telephone – 03000 616 161

Internet – www.

or Write to:

CQC National Customer Services Centre,



Newcastle Upon Tyne,


Opening Times

  • Monday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Tuesday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Wednesday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Thursday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
    Appointments are available on a Thursday evening with our GP and Practice Nurse - please book these with Reception.
  • Friday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
NHS A-Z Conditions
Find Local Services
Live Well